Hey guys. This is just an overview for those who do not want to read the long, boring 2.4 patch notes.
- Essence Challenge Leagues
- Atlas of Worlds
- Added a channelled skill system. Incinerate, Flameblast and Wither are now channelled skills. Unlike other skills, which are used once and quickly finish, when you use a channelled skill, it doesn’t finish until you release the relevant button/key. You continue performing the same skill. You need to pay mana repeatedly to keep the skill going. The channelled skill’s mana cost must be paid again to maintain it with a frequency determined by the cast time. If you can’t pay, the skill will end, just as if you’d lifted the button.
- Poison now deals 8% of Physical and Chaos damage as Chaos Damage for 2 seconds (down from 10%).
- 22 new uniques (read my previous weekly recap post for three of them)
- Large hideouts hold seven masters (This is insane)
- Prophecy is in the core game
Skill Gem Nerfs and Buffs
- Cast on Critical Strike now has a 500ms cooldown, and will now only trigger one spell per frame when you critically strike. It now has 100% chance to trigger casts when you critically strike. It now has 20% more spell damage at level 1, tapered up to 39% at level 20 (1% per level). This also applies to Cospri’s Malice (new unique sword), Mjolner, and CoMK. This means that Each individual socketed spell can cast at a maximum of almost twice a second.
- Fireball: 50% more damage, Ice Spear: 70% more damage, and Arctic Breath: 35% more damage. This is due to the COC nerf.
- Almost every melee skill besides Earthquake has been buffed.
- Earthquake has been nerfed – Earthquake’s aftershock damage has been reduced from 60% more (at level 1, tapered upwards) to 50% more at all Levels. Its mana cost has been increased from 6 to 10. Its aftershock area of effect has been reduced by 12%.
- Blade Vortex skill changed – Blade Vortex now has a stack limit of 20 (down from 50). It now deals 63% more damage at level 20. I do not consider this a nerf or a buff. Blade Vortex will clear mobs much more effectively but it will lose damage at bosses. I am not sure this nerf was completely necessary as the huge downfall of blade vortex is the necessity to stay in melee range. I do feel that blade vortex was overpowered before. With maximum stacks, blade vortex deals 34.8% less damage than before.
- Discharge now deals 35% less damage when triggered.
- Both of the items discussed are going legacy.
- Reach of the Council deals less damage. Reach of the Council: Its added damage has been lowered from (25-40 to 100-115) to (15-30 to 70-95). Its local increased physical damage has been reduced from (50%-70%) to (40%-50%).
- Voidheart chance to poison and bleed has been reduced. Voidheart: Its Chance on Melee Hit to Bleed has been lowered from 100% to (30% to 50%). Its Chance to Poison on Melee Hit has been lowered from 100% to (20% to 40%).